SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENTS!
What You'll Discover in this Episode:
Examples of the Flesh in Conflict
Today we continue our study about the weakness of the flesh. From last week, we left off looking at examples of what the flesh looks like. Here are a few more examples.
- The Temptation of Adam and Eve. John 2:16 is speaking of the lust of flesh; not just sexual lust but after things that are not God ordained. In Genesis 3:6, the devil tempted Eve with the lust of the eyes. When she saw the fruit, it was pleasant to the eyes.
- Abraham Lied to the Pharaoh in Genesis 12 and to Abimelech in Genesis 20. Abraham acted out of fear for self-protection and for Sarah's protection. This is the work of the flesh.
- King Saul's Jealousy of David. Saul threatened David's life and chased him away with an army. Samuel 18:23-24.
- Haman sought to destroy all the Jews in the kingdom. Esther 3:2, 5-6.
Questions to ask when counseling:
- What are you trying to achieve by contending/fighting with somebody?
- Is acting upon your flesh worth it? Is it worth what you're going to lose or what you'll reap by walking according to flesh?
We need to be aware. Watch and pray because the flesh is weak. The spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak. You want to be aware of the flesh in your own life so that you can minister to others. Hebrews 4:12. The Word of God is available to show you the difference the flesh and the spirit and that's why we need the Word of God in our lives.
Share your thoughts and experience in the comment section below!