SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENTS!
In this episode, we will consider the topic of Church Life in Counseling God’s Way
God’s four means of getting His counsel to us:
the Holy Spirit,
but all in the setting of church life.
We’ll see that counseling God’s way is not designed to take place in some sterile or secular or even professionalized Christian clinic.
- It’s not designed to take place there.
- Not saying it can’t take place there.
- Anyone that seeks God anywhere and sticks to His ways,
- God will work.
- It may be less than ideal, but we’re not saying that God cannot work there.
- But even if God is working somewhat in a situation that’s less than ideal, we don’t say, “Hey, great!”
- No, we say, praise God for what He’s done, but let’s all call each other to His more perfect way.
And it doesn’t condemn everyone out there in the so-called “Mental Health” field or out there in the clinics that are trying to help people.
- It doesn’t condemn them because a lot of them really do want to help people.
- And a lot of them are very compassionate and lay down their lives for others in many ways.
- And if they pray at times, if they point to the Lord at times, if they share the Word at times, God’s going to honor that.
- God is not a Pharisee. “Oh nope, that’s not perfect. I won’t be working until that’s perfect.”
- That’s the way man gets.
- If God were like that none of us would have any ministry.
The bottom line is that if any of us are doing it less than the way God designed, let’s call each other back to the right way.
- That’s all.
- I’m not saying we all know how to do it perfectly.
- But if we notice in our own lives that we’re off the track, may we be reproved or may we be convicted and let God adjust us.
- If we see others that are off track, even though God is using them in part, we go praise God for what He’s doing.
- Let’s all come back to God’s way.
- Let’s learn together how to do God’s way better.
God ordained for it to take place in church life, as a regular, normal part of member to member, one another relationships and ministry.
- That’s where God ordained it.
- we’ll look at a passage that is a picture of church life, living together.
Can I ask a (very) quick favor?
If you’ve gotten any kind of value out of my content, if any of it is a blessing, would you subscribe to The Biblical Counseling Podcast on iTunes (Apple Podcasts) and then leave me a quick rating and review?
Here’s how to do it on your phone in 7 simple steps:
- Go to your “Podcasts” app.
- Tap the “Search” magnifying glass at the bottom
- Type in “The Biblical Counseling Podcast”
- Tap the Subscribe button at the top
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews” section
- Tap “5 Stars”
- Finally, tap “Write a Review”
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!
Subscribe and Download
Are you a subscriber? If not, you’re missing a major opportunity to get practical, actionable advice delivered straight to your device every week. Don’t miss a single episode! Subscribe on iTunes or wherever you listen.
And if you’re really loving the show, we’d be super-grateful if you’d also leave a review on iTunes. That’ll help others find this program so they can benefit too. We read every single review too. Good, bad, or indifferent, we’d love to hear what you think.
Listen on the go! Follow the Biblical Counseling Podcast using your favorite app: