SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENTS!
What You'll Discover in this Episode:
The Holy Spirit in Counseling
Real disciples live in the word of God and they’re set free by the truth of God. But it’s the Spirit who guides them into that truth that they might be discipled and liberated. The spirit of truth leads us into the truth of discipleship, which liberates our lives from bad thinking and bad behaving and bad relating.
HOW JESUS WOULD MINISTER AND COUNSEL
- “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound…” Isaiah 61:1
This passage is important to us because Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor and this is the way He would want us to do it.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon Jesus to minister God's counsel by preaching good tidings to the poor, heal the brokenhearted and proclaim liberty to the captives. This Christ-like-way of counseling is counseling by the Holy Spirit. He is preaching, healing and proclaiming by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Can I ask a (very) quick favor?
If you’ve gotten any kind of value out of my content, if any of it is a blessing, would you subscribe to The Biblical Counseling Podcast on iTunes (Apple Podcasts) and then leave me a quick rating and review?
Here’s how to do it on your phone in 7 simple steps:
- Go to your “Podcasts” app.
- Tap the “Search” magnifying glass at the bottom
- Type in “The Biblical Counseling Podcast”
- Tap the Subscribe button at the top
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews” section
- Tap “5 Stars”
- Finally, tap “Write a Review”
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!
Subscribe and Download
Are you a subscriber? If not, you’re missing a major opportunity to get practical, actionable advice delivered straight to your device every week. Don’t miss a single episode! Subscribe on iTunes or wherever you listen.
And if you’re really loving the show, we’d be super-grateful if you’d also leave a review on iTunes. That’ll help others find this program so they can benefit too. We read every single review too. Good, bad, or indifferent, we’d love to hear what you think.
Listen on the go! Follow the Biblical Counseling Podcast using your favorite app: