SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENTS!
What You'll Discover in this Episode:
Ministering During Christmas
Whenever you are feeling stressed, one of the best things to do is just to pause and take a new perspective of the situation. Remember that God is bigger than the trial or problem. Reflect on how God has always been with you in the past and gotten you through all your past problems. You will get through this too. He will bring you through, and He will be with you every step of the way. Hearing God’s Word will build your faith and trust, which are weapons against stress and anxiety.
Pray. Cast your burdens on the Lord. Allow Him to give you His peace. Read the Bible.
Pause. Remember what Christmas is about again. Stop and celebrate Jesus.
Here are some practical ways to alleviate Christmas stress:
- Take notes. Taking notes now, will help you next year, as we often fall into a pattern which gets repeated year after year.
- Picture the type Christmas you want to have and make decisions accordingly. Say no to things that get you off track or do not lead you toward the Lord.
- Set a budget and don’t over commit yourself. Most Christmas stress is financial or from being short on time.
- Limit your time on social media.
- Doing gifts earlier in the year often helps free up that time during the season to enjoy it with those you love.
- Don’t focus on what you can’t control.
Letting our hearts be focused on Jesus at Christmas is the ultimate stress reliever. Let us be filled with awe again, at the fact that the Lord of glory came in the likeness of men, in order to redeem humanity. Because of this, we as Christians can shout, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Join in the discussion below and share your thoughts about this podcast!
Can I ask a (very) quick favor?
If you’ve gotten any kind of value out of my content, if any of it is a blessing, would you subscribe to The Biblical Counseling Podcast on iTunes (Apple Podcasts) and then leave me a quick rating and review?
Here’s how to do it on your phone in 7 simple steps:
- Go to your “Podcasts” app.
- Tap the “Search” magnifying glass at the bottom
- Type in “The Biblical Counseling Podcast”
- Tap the Subscribe button at the top
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews” section
- Tap “5 Stars”
- Finally, tap “Write a Review”
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!
Subscribe and Download
Are you a subscriber? If not, you’re missing a major opportunity to get practical, actionable advice delivered straight to your device every week. Don’t miss a single episode! Subscribe on iTunes or wherever you listen.
And if you’re really loving the show, we’d be super-grateful if you’d also leave a review on iTunes. That’ll help others find this program so they can benefit too. We read every single review too. Good, bad, or indifferent, we’d love to hear what you think.
Listen on the go! Follow the Biblical Counseling Podcast using your favorite app: